Migrations · Flagship decision

Leaving Adobe Commerce without leaving your platform.

Adobe moved upmarket. You don't need a whole big site migration to escape Adobe license costs.

If renewing Adobe Commerce doesn't make sense anymore, Magento and Mage-OS have the same platform DNA without the invoice.

Line item What you lose What replaces it
License cost $30K–$125K+/yr Adobe invoice $0 license · open-source distribution
Cloud hosting Adobe-managed cloud bundle Hosting you choose and own (typically $300-$800/mo)
Support channel Adobe support ticketing Us, and we give helpful responses
Feature deltas Adobe-only B2B and SAAS features Community-governed releases, faster patch cadence
What you keep Codebase, extensions, integrations, team knowledge: the platform DNA is the same.
Who shouldn’t do this

If you depend heavily on Adobe Commerce B2B/cloud features, migrating off might be expensive. We’ll audit before we make a recommendation, and help you find the best path.

Why us

We don’t follow this migration path. We maintain it.

Our staff include one of the founders and maintainers of Mage-OS (Ryan Hoerr), and an active Board of Director (Melinda Humphrey). We are deeply invested in making it the platform our merchants need and want.

We used to be an Adobe Commerce solution partner. We're not anymore, because for our merchants it usually doesn't make sense. We've helped many merchants move off Adobe Commerce, and it's not a big thing. In one extreme case we did it on a single day's notice.

Migration questions

How long does the migration take?
Depends on how many features we need to replace, and how much data we need to migrate in the process. A simple migration might be as little as a day. A complex one (companies, reward points, custom pricing, content staging, gift cards, etc.) might be weeks. Either way will almost always be less than your Commerce renewal cost, even including extensions.
Will our extensions work?
Almost all extensions that are compatible with the latest version of Magento are fully compatible with Mage-OS too.
SEO risk?
Same URLs, same frontend, same catalog. This is a new coat of paint, not a new house.
When should we time it against our Adobe contract?
Start the assessment 6–9 months before renewal so the decision can be made calmly, not against an invoice deadline.
What if the store is already broken mid-exit?
Stabilize first, migrate second. Store Rescue handles the fire; the migration waits until you’re back online.

Get the migration assessment before the renewal lands.